[Published: Saturday April 04 2026]
 Israel turning 'Yellow Line' into new border in Gaza, installs dozens of military outposts
ISRAELI OCCUPIED GAZA, 04 April. - (ANA) - The Israeli army has turned its so-called Yellow Line in the Gaza Strip into a new border, through the establishment of dozens of new military outposts, according to Arabic media reports on Tuesday.
The buffer zone created by the army, which spans from the north to the south of the enclave and is parallel to the Salah al-Din Street, has seen several checkpoints crop up in recent days.
Reports in Arabi21 said the presence of the checkpoints means that the military presence in the area is no longer temporary and effectively turns the Yellow Line into a new border.
Since Israel established the Yellow Line in October, the army has targeted and killed any Palestinians who approach it, and has used the surrounding empty areas near it to establish military outposts.
According to reports, streetlights have been installed around the posts, and can be seen from elevated parts of western Gaza.
The outposts are mainly located in the buffer zone between Rafah and Khan Younis, with others in the Ma’an and Bani Suheila area, as well as east of Deir al-Balah, al-Bureij, Shujaiya, and al-Maghazi.
Last month, reports said that the Yellow Line had become a fixed separation zone on the ground, with 32 military positions and a ground barrier stretching around 17 kilometres documented.
Israeli news site Haaretz says that more than 200 Palestinians have been killed near the line in recent months, with no further details given. More than 700 Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli in Gaza since the start of the ceasefire in October.
In February, Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz announced that Tel Aviv would not move "a single millimetre" from the line until Hamas disarmed. Meanwhile, Hamas has demanded that Israel abide by the terms of the truce first, including stopping the killing of civilians and allowing in the daily requirement of urgent humanitarian aid.
The latest developments come as Israeli army bulldozers continue to destroy partially demolished buildings in Gaza.
On Wednesday, the army carried out a large-scale demolition operation in Gaza and opened fire on civilians in areas designated as safe zones.
Despite a ceasefire established in October, Israel has continued to carry out near-daily killings and demolitions, amid global condemnation. - (ANA) -
AB/ANA/04 April 2026 - - -
|