Africa Map

African Press Agency

African Press Agency Logo
   

 Home
 Country Profile
 Useful Links
 Contact us

Home

Iran/USBack
[Published: Thursday March 26 2026]

 Tehran says it is reviewing Trump’s peace proposal but has ‘no intention’ to talk to US

 
TEHRAN, 26 March. - (ANA) - Top Iranian officials are reviewing proposals offered by the Trump administration to end the war, Iran’s foreign minister has said, but Tehran has “no intention” of holding direct talks with the US.
 
Abbas Araghchi said that messages had been exchanged via mediators, but this “does not mean negotiations” with the US were ongoing.
 
He said Tehran had demanded a permanent end to the war and compensation for all destruction during the conflict.
 
Earlier, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said President Donald Trump was prepared to “unleash hell” on Iran if the Tehran regime did not come to the negotiation table.
 
“President Trump does not bluff and he is prepared to unleash hell. Iran should not miscalculate again,” she added.
 
The United States has confirmed the deployment of ground troops to the Middle East after Iran sent back the “excessive” demands of Mr Trump’s peace plan.
 
The Pentagon confirmed to The Independent on Wednesday that some elements of the 82nd Airborne Division, some division enablers and the 1st Brigade Combat Team would be deploying to the region.   - (ANA) - 
 
AB/ANA/26 March 2026 - - -
 
 
 

North South News website

Advertise banner

News icon China/Libya
News icon Israel/East Jerusalem
News icon UK/Gulf States Free Trade
News icon Nato/Gulf States Invite
News icon UNRWA/HQ seized by IDF
News icon Egypt/Eritrea
News icon FIFA World Cup/Cyber Threat
News icon UK/AI investment
News icon Israel/Intercept Gaza Flotilla
News icon Tunisia/Protests

AFRICAN PRESS AGENCY Copyright © 2005 - 2007