Africa Map

African Press Agency

African Press Agency Logo
   

 Home
 Country Profile
 Useful Links
 Contact us

Home

Pentagon/Seeks Additional FundsBack
[Published: Thursday March 19 2026]

 Pentagon seeks $200 billion in additional funds for the Iran war, AP source says

 
By LISA MASCARO
 
LONDON, 19 March. - (ANA) - The Pentagon is seeking $200 billion in additional funds for the Iran war, a senior administration official says.
 
The department sent the request to the White House, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the private information.
 
It’s an extraordinarily high number and comes on top of extra funding the Defense Department already received last year in President Donald Trump’s big tax cuts bill.
 
Congress is bracing for a new spending request but it is not clear the White House has transmitted the request for consideration. It is unclear the spending request would have support.
 
The new funding request was first reported by The Washington Post. Asked about the figure at a press conference Thursday, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth did not directly confirm the figure, saying it could change. But he said “we’re going back to Congress and our folks there to to ensure that we’re properly funded.”
 
“It takes money to kill bad guys,” Hegseth said.   - (ANA) -
 
AB/ANA/19 March 2026  - - -
 
 
 

North South News website

Advertise banner

News icon China/Libya
News icon Israel/East Jerusalem
News icon UK/Gulf States Free Trade
News icon Nato/Gulf States Invite
News icon UNRWA/HQ seized by IDF
News icon Egypt/Eritrea
News icon FIFA World Cup/Cyber Threat
News icon UK/AI investment
News icon Israel/Intercept Gaza Flotilla
News icon Tunisia/Protests

AFRICAN PRESS AGENCY Copyright © 2005 - 2007