Africa Map

African Press Agency

African Press Agency Logo
   

 Home
 Country Profile
 Useful Links
 Contact us

Home

KUWAIT/INFERNOBack
[Published: Wednesday August 19 2009]

Ex-wife blamed for Kuwait inferno

Kuwait City, 18 Aug-(ANA)-Kuwaiti police investigating a deadly blaze at a wedding tent that killed 43 women and children say the ex-wife of the groom has confessed to starting it.

The tent was consumed by flames in seconds in the worst civilian disaster in Kuwait's modern history.

Fire service officials said the tent had only one exit and did not meet fire safety regulations.

Media reports say the woman told police she had wanted to avenge ill-treatment by her husband before their divorce.

Later the Ministry of the Interior, quoted by the official news agency Kuna, announced that one person had been arrested on suspicion of causing Saturday's fire, but no further details were given. (ANA)

FA/ANA/18 August 2009---

 


North South News website

Advertise banner

News icon Israel/Gaza Massacre
News icon UN/West Bank
News icon UK/Israel/Gaza
News icon Trump/Agenda
News icon Darfur/HRW
News icon US/Chip Companies
News icon Greece/Migrants
News icon US/Space Missions
News icon Eurojust/Terrorist Communication
News icon IFAD/Canada

AFRICAN PRESS AGENCY Copyright © 2005 - 2007